Develop and sustain software in the support of user requirements for OneSAF related programs. OneSAF is a next-generation, entity-level simulation that supports both Computer Generated Forces and Semi-Automated Forces applications.
Full lifecycle software development to include software requirements analysis, software design, software integration and test.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work through full-cycle software development that includes requirements analysis, design, and implementation
- Interface with lead integration engineer regarding software component integration
- Derivation of system-level requirements into software requirements
- Identification, documentation, and repair of software defects
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
- Apply software engineering standards and assists the engineering team in software system or subsystem development and documentation efforts
- Understands and adheres to project schedules and stays within established budgets
- Familiar with industry software development standards and with the capabilities of related Department of Defense software systems
- Demonstrated software engineering experience in HLA federations, developing interfaces to military C4I systems and other training simulations
- Software development experience using Java, C++, C#, Perl, XML, UML, DIS, HLA, Cygwin, MS Windows, and Linux
- Experience in Linux/windows shell scripting
Knowledge In Any Of The Following Areas Would Be Considered A Plus:
- Five (5) or more years of experience supporting military training events/exercises utilizing simulation-based training systems
- Secure systems
- Agile development
- Web services
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as electrical engineering, computer science, information technology, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship and an active US Government Secret or Top Secret security clearance