Responsible for the day to day management of the logistics function, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely management of shipping, receiving, inventory and procurement, using approved vendors for imports, exports and procurement.
Oversight of the full life cycle of products, including procurement, preparation, shipping, and receiving.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the supply chain process to deliver supplies/assets to field operations and receive unused supplies and assets back into inventory
- Track and trace shipments, researching and resolving any issues regarding billing or shipping discrepancies, communicate timely correspondence back to both customers and vendors
- Support the process to source and acquire leased/rented equipment, track costs and location, billing, and equipment return
- Ensure procurement vehicles (such as credit cards and lines of credit for purchase orders) and staff are identified, and procedures are in place to ensure their adequacy and timely reconciliation of monthly billing.
- Verify that supply/equipment orders and the required Logistics labor hours are billed to the appropriate project numbers.
- Reconcile month-end purchase credit card statements and ensure the appropriate project codes are billed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import/export documentation to clearing agents to include: (HAWB's, MAWB's, AES's, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Haz Cargo Decl., Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin, etc)
- Clear communications
- Data analysis
- Comfortable with computers and wireless devices
- Process-oriented approach to tasks
- Familiarity with procurement and budgeting concepts
- Attention to detail
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Experience using hand-trucks and/or pallet jacks
- Software: MS Office and advanced Excel
- 3-5 years’ experience serving in a Logistics-related discipline, preferably responding to time sensitive, zero notice events a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience with office-related duties (e.g., filing, organizing, etc.)